All St Bernard State School students are required to be correctly and neatly dressed in the school's regulation uniform as outlined in the Parent Handbook. The school uniform colours are white and royal blue and the House colours are Gold (Wattle), Silver (Ironbark), Red (Illawarra) and Teal (Piccabeen).
The St Bernard State School Parents' and Citizens' Association supports a student dress code policy that:
- promotes a safe environment for learning by enabling ready identification of students of the school
- promotes an effective teaching and learning environment by eliminating the distraction of competition in dress and fashion at the school
- promotes a supportive environment at the school by fostering a sense of belonging and school pride both within the school and the community
- fosters mutual respect among individuals at the school by minimising visible evidence of economic, class or social differences
- maximises students access to and participation in all educational experiences
The St Bernard SS Uniform Shop is open on Thursdays from 8:15am to 09:30am, during term time. At the beginning of each year there are extra 'back to school' operating days, which are advertised in November.
The Uniform Shop is run by the P&C, and payment for purchases can be made using eftpos or cash. Uniforms are also available online using www.flexischools.com.au
Step 1 - Go to Flexischools to register/login.
Step 2 - Enter School and student's details with year level and class (if available).
Step 3 - You will be required to top up your account with Visa, Mastercard, Pay pal or direct debit.
Step 4 - Click on Uniform Shop and select uniforms including sizes, order and method.
The uniform order must be placed by 4pm Monday and will be available for collection from either the Uniform Shop or School office on the Tuesday after your purchase.
Year 6 shirt
In Year 6, students will design a shirt, which can then be worn on one specified day of the week (usually Tuesday). Please check with the Year 6 teachers for details.