Dear parents, caregivers and students,
As a parents and citizens association, we are made up of parents and or citizens from the school and the wider community. Our annual general meeting is held in February of each year at which executive officers are elected to represent the wider parent body. Everyone is warmly welcome to attend this meeting.
During the course of the year the P&C contributes directly to the teaching and learning of each child at St Bernard State School in the following ways:
- Each year in collaboration with the school we contribute funds to the school to provide resources to promote the learning and educational opportunities for our students. In 2019, the P&C contributed to the playground replacement which was installed in Semester One 2020.
- The money for the above contribution is raised through our fundraising activities. These include: School Discos, Mother's and Father's Day stalls, Easter/Christmas raffle, Scholastic Book Club and Book Fairs, Trivia Night, the Colour Run, Bunnings and Election Day BBQs.
- We are responsible for the running of the tuckshop and uniform shop.
- Bursary's and other monies are be-quested to individuals within the school community who attain a high level in sporting/musical endeavours.
- Contribution to the graduating Year 6 class each year.
- Some of the other projects that the P&C supports include the Love Your School Day – Working Bees, NAPLAN breakfast, World Teacher's Day.
- At times teachers approach the P&C for assistance with various school projects. The P&C committee meets monthly on a Wednesday from 6pm-8pm. We encourage all parents to attend at least one meeting and be involved in one event each year. This is a way that you can be informed and involved with the school community.
We look forward to seeing you all in the near future. Thank you in advance for your continued support.
P&C Executive Committee